event handlers

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:04 PM

quick question:

Do calls to InputSimulator.SimulateTextEntry, InputSimulator.SimulateKeyDown, etc. dispatch events that can be listened for on System.Windows.Input.Keyboard.KeyDownEvent and the like?

Mike

Coordinator
Jun 17, 2010 at 8:18 PM
Hi Mike,

Funnily enough that's not a case I've tested for, although my instinct tells me you should get events generated, especially for the SimulateKeyDown/KeyUp events.  The native win32 SendInput() method simulates input messages by adding them to the message pump of the window just like the keyboard does.  SimulateTextEntry is a little bit different in that it simulates unicode text entry, not necessarily pure virtual key strokes.

If you could do a quick test and let me know I'll post the info on the CodePlex pages.

Good luck,
Mike

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 1:04 AM, lindee <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

quick question:

Do calls to InputSimulator.SimulateTextEntry, InputSimulator.SimulateKeyDown, etc. dispatch events that can be listened for on System.Windows.Input.Keyboard.KeyDownEvent and the like?

Mike

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (inputsimulator@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email inputsimulator@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com