Alt-Modifyer

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Hi,

thank you VERY much for this library. I am writing a USB-HID overlay for a remote control that doesn't have its own driver. Now I came across the problem that while VirtualKeyCodes contain CONTROL and SHIFT (as well as R- and L-versions of those keys), they don't contain the ALT key at all. How am I supposed to say use the left ALT-Key as a modifier - in conjunction with e.g. the TAB-Key, which has the VirtualKeyCode 9. Maybe I just missed it, but I triple-checked it before posting.

Since my application resides in the traybar and receives the events triggered by the remote control even without having focus, it should be able to always trigger events - such as a window change by virtually pressing ALT+TAB or VOLUME_UP or something along those lines.

Thank you very much again and I'd be very curious to know how use the ALT-key modifyer.

Igor.

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2010 at 1:35 PM
Hi Igor,

The ALT key is poorly named in the VirtualKeyCodes class (which derives straight from the Windows Header files).  It's called MENU.

Hope that helps.
Mike

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 10:25 PM, divStar <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

thank you VERY much for this library. I am writing a USB-HID overlay for a remote control that doesn't have its own driver. Now I came across the problem that while VirtualKeyCodes contain CONTROL and SHIFT (as well as R- and L-versions of those keys), they don't contain the ALT key at all. How am I supposed to say use the left ALT-Key as a modifier - in conjunction with e.g. the TAB-Key, which has the VirtualKeyCode 9. Maybe I just missed it, but I triple-checked it before posting.

Since my application resides in the traybar and receives the events triggered by the remote control even without having focus, it should be able to always trigger events - such as a window change by virtually pressing ALT+TAB or VOLUME_UP or something along those lines.

Thank you very much again and I'd be very curious to know how use the ALT-key modifyer.

Igor.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (inputsimulator@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email inputsimulator@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 19, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Thank you very much - works great :).

Seems I missed it .. I already wondered what that menu-key was, but I was busy doing other things and just got back to my PC. Thanks for answering so promptly.

Igor.