Dooglehead

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:50 AM

How do you install this/set it up to use in a c# program?

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2010 at 11:28 PM

All you need to do is download the Recommended Download (the binary release) from CodePlex (http://inputsimulator.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx) and grab the InputSimulator.* files and copy them into your solution structure somewhere as references.  I normally set up my Solutions something like this:

MySolution
  MySolution.sln
  References
    InputSimulator.dll
    InputSimulator.pdb
    InputSimulator.xml
  MyProject
    MyProject.csproj

etc

Then you simply reference the InputSimulator.dll using a file reference (Add Reference -> Browse and find the dll).  After that you can import the WindowsInput namespace into your existing code and call the static methods on the InputSimulator class.

Hope that helps.

I'll add this information to the home page/wiki as well.

Apr 5, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Hello,

First, thank you for your hard work on this project.

I absolutely cannot reference this DLL. I do not understand why. I can view it in the object viewer but the interpreter does allow me to use a 'using InputSimulator;' statement.

I've tried moving this file to the project's home directory etc. Don't know what the problem is I reference DLL's all the time.

Warning    3    Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "InputSimulator, Version=0.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.    ConsoleApplication1

Apr 5, 2010 at 10:53 PM
Edited Apr 5, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Disregard my previous post, I need to learn how to read more carefully.

Thanks Anyway!

Jul 29, 2010 at 2:23 PM
Edited Jul 29, 2010 at 2:24 PM
I scratched my head on this one for a while. The magic line here, in case it is not obvious to everyone is: using WindowsInput; instead of using InputSimulator;